Some dogs just don’t like water. Trying to get them in a bath can seem like a never-ending battle, and it can be quite a stressful experience for your dog. So what’s the solution to this problem? Waterless dog shampoo!
You can use this dry wash shampoo without the use of water. Just apply it directly to your dog’s coat and it will clean out dirt, parasites, or any other yucky substance your dog has come in contact with. I’ve used this type of shampoo with my Boston terrier and it does wonders!
I’ve reviewed 6 best waterless dog shampoos on the market, and what sets each one apart, so hopefully you will find one that suits your pooch!
1. Paw Choice Naturals Foaming Mousse Waterless Dog Shampoo
This waterless dog shampoo is made of natural coconut and contains no harsh chemicals, like sodium Laureth sulfate, alcohol, parabens, or sulfates, so it’s safe for your pup’s sensitive skin. Coconut-derived formula won’t leave the coat sticky or greasy. Your dog will smell good with the mango and pomegranate scent thanks to this foaming mousse from Paw Choice
Water, Mild surfactant blend (coconut derived), Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Preservative
Why you should buy
- Natural Coconut Derived Formula – Mild, safe, and good for sensitive skin. No harsh chemicals and no sodium Laureth sulfate.
- Better than Wipes and Sprays – More economical and environmentally friendly than wipes and isn’t a scary spray bottle. ACTUALLY REMOVES ODOR AND DOESN’T JUST MASK IT.
- Manufactured in the USA – In a state of the art, certified GMP facility with the highest quality ingredients and standards of safety. Cruelty-Free.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed by Paw Choice – When you order today, you’re protected by a 30 day, no questions asked satisfaction guarantee, and our world-class customer service!
Users say they like this product because it refreshes their dogs’ coats with a pleasant, non-overpowering smell, and because it’s so easy to use.
2. Pawstruck Natural No-Rinse Pet Shampoo
Pawstruck Natural No-Rinse Pet Shampoo is another great choice for freshening up your dog between baths or trips to the groomer. It’s safe for use with all types of coats and skin. It’s pH balanced for a dog’s sensitive skin and effectively soothes itchy and inflamed skin. If your pup is suffering from allergies, dermatitis, or any other irritation, then this no-rinse dog shampoo is an excellent option to consider using. Not only will it offer him fast relief, but it will also leave him smelling great and leave his coat easier to manage.
Water, Proprietary Enzyme Blend, Coco Betaine, Citrus Aurantium, Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Litsea Cubeba Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil
Why you should buy
- Truly Natural, Biodegradable, and Cruelty-Free – Non-GMO, vegan, vegetarian, and comes in recyclable packaging. Non-toxic! This body wash is okay to use with topical flea and tick treatments and safe for puppies and kittens. Simply spray and wipe leaving behind a pleasant fragrance.
- 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee – If this isn’t the best no-wash grooming shampoo you’ve ever purchased, Pawstruck customer care team is ready to help.
- Pawstruck No-Rinse Shampoo for Pets CLEANS and DEODORIZES – Formulated with plant-based ingredients in a non-toxic formula that is equal to or more effective than non-green alternatives. Rosemary contains antimicrobial abilities and is a great pathogen-fighter. This means that rosemary helps fight fungi and other harmful bacteria. Ginger simultaneously helps to neutralize odor-causing bacteria. Bergamot gently cleanses while providing natural flea repellent qualities.
Users say that this product offers outstanding results and is easy to use on all breeds.
3. Veterinary Formula Antiseptic Clinical Care Spray for Cats and Dogs
The veterinary-grade ingredients in 8 oz. bottle of Antiseptic and Antifungal Spray deodorize and help relieve fungal and bacterial skin conditions which can result from allergies (including flea, food, contact, and hereditary), hormonal disorders such as hypothyroidism, weakened immune system, short coats or skin folds, trauma from grooming and scratching, ringworm, hot spots, certain types of mange, and yeast infections. Your pet will feel the soothing relief of Keratin and Aloe Vera while the Chlorhexidine Gluconate quickly and painlessly keeps symptoms under control and relieves the infection.
Water, 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2%, Glycerin USP, Chitosan Succinamide (and) Hydrolyzed Keratin (and) Polyquaternium-10, Polysorbate-20, Fragrance, Aloe Vera 100X, D&C Red #33.
Why you should buy
- Heal and Soothe – Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic and Antifungal Medicated Spray with Chlorhexidine Gluconate deodorizes and helps relieve fungal and bacterial skin infections on cats and dogs such as dermatitis and pyoderma which can result from allergies.
- Fast Acting – Antiseptic and Antifungal spray works fast to help relieve any outbursts or infection on your dog or cat’s skin. Keratin and Aloe Vera helps heal and soothe, and the topical spray does not sting.
- 100% Safe – They spray is 100% safe, paraben, dye and soap-free, great for pets with sensitive skin, and won’t harm your pet if it gets licked off. You can also use it with other topical spot-on flea and tick treatments.
- For Dogs and Cats – Medicated antiseptic and antifungal spray is for topical use on both dogs and cats over 12 weeks of age. The pleasant smell and soothing and effective relief of symptoms will make you and your pets happy. Great for pets with sensitive skin! Use twice daily for one week and then once daily for up to 12 weeks.
- Effective and Affordable – Veterinary Formula Clinical Care premium medicated products are created with veterinary-grade ingredients but available at a price that pet parents can afford.
Users say that skin showing definite improvement.
4. Bodhi Dog Waterless Shampoo
The Bodhi Dog Waterless Shampoo is designed to be extremely gentle and appropriate for almost all dogs. This dry shampoo is hypoallergenic and completely free of parabens, SLS, alcohol, sulfates, detergents, and other harsh chemicals.
Deionized Water, Lemongrass Extract, Detergent Free Coconut Surfactant Blend.
Why you should buy
- Beautiful Soft Shiny Coat & Healthy Skin – This natural pet conditioner restores softness and shine to your pet’s fur while soothing itchy and dry skin. Plant-based formula helps fur to retain moisture by using the best conditioners found in nature – Aloe vera, jojoba oil, and mineral oil. The botanical blend relieves itching, reduces skin redness, increases coat strength and luster, detangles, demats, promotes healthy coat growth, and has anti-fungal properties that alleviate dandruff.
- Hypoallergenic Formula for Sensitive Skin – This natural conditioner for pets is 100% detergent-free and does not contain any harmful chemicals, parabens or SLS, making it a perfect gentle conditioner for animals with allergies and other sensitivities. Our rich, cream rinse is 100% non-toxic and uses plants and oils to effectively condition and soothe your pet’s skin and fur.
- Professional Grade Quality – This moisturizing fur conditioner offers safe professional quality for dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, ferrets, guinea pigs, rabbits, and horses of all ages with normal or sensitive skin. It is suited for all types of fur, leaving coats silky and smooth and skin hydrated, which alleviates itching and dryness. Manufacturer stands behind the quality of products with a 100% SATISFACTION MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
- Lemongrass Fresh Scent – A wonderful fresh aroma makes conditioning your pet a pleasant experience for you both! This pet conditioner has a light lemongrass scent that leaves your pet smelling fresh for days. It is not harsh on your hands and works as aromatherapy for you while bathing your pets because of the natural essential extracts. Your hands will be soft and smell great afterward too!
- Ethical Family Commitment – Proudly made in the USA with locally sourced, sustainable ingredients, and animal cruelty-free. Made with recycled materials is biodegradable and eco-friendly. 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Users say that this product really helps hydrate the skin, smells nice, and most importantly doesn’t seem to aggravate pet skin.
6. Begley’s Natural No Rinse Waterless Pet Shampoo
This 16-ounce bottle of waterless shampoo is available in lavender, citrus, oatmeal mango, and tee tree scents to suit everyone’s taste. All scents come from natural essential oils without the use of synthetic fragrances. Effectively cleaning and deodorizing your pet, these beneficial, botanical essential oils add a pleasant, aroma-therapeutic scent.
Simply spray liberally on your pet’s fur and wipe the treated area using a damp cloth, working well into the fur. When applying to the head and face, spray onto a damp cloth first and then rub on fur to avoid getting in your pet’s eyes. Allow the shampoo to dry, then brush and groom as usual. Repeat process for heavily soiled or pungent areas as needed.
A great solution for pets who dislike bathing or in between trips to the groomer, Begley’s Natural Waterless Pet Shampoo does not contain any caustics, dyes, synthetic fragrances, parabens, phthalates, chlorine, formaldehyde, triclosan, or phosphates. Not only is it safe for the household in which it is being used, but it’s also safe for the health of our planet at large,
Why you should buy
- All-Natural Formula – Safe to use and readily biodegradable, this 16-ounce bottle of pet shampoo is developed using natural ingredients in non-toxic formulas. There are no caustics, dyes, synthetic fragrances, parabens, phthalates, chlorine, formaldehyde, triclosan, or phosphates used, ensuring it won’t create any irritation to you, your pets or the environment.
- Waterless Shampoo – Saving time and cleaning efficiently, this waterless shampoo is the perfect way to furnish your pet with a fresh-smelling, shiny coat without having to deal with water. It’s a great solution in between trips to the groomer and for pets who dislike bathing.
- Easy to Use – Simply spray your pet’s coat liberally and wipe the treated area with a damp cloth, working well into the fur. To avoid getting in your pet’s eyes, spray onto a damp cloth and apply to head and face. Allow the shampoo to dry, then brush and groom as usual. Repeat process for heavily soiled or foul-smelling areas as needed.
- Choice of Scents – To accommodate everyone’s taste, Begley’s Natural Waterless Pet Shampoo is available in four wonderful scents – lavender, citrus, oatmeal mango, and tee tree. All scents come from natural essential oils without the use of synthetic fragrances.
- Environmentally Friendly – Actor, author, and environmentalist Ed Begley, Jr. – working with industry leader Lab Clean LLC – set out to develop natural household products that are plant-based, sustainable, and biodegradable without sacrificing on performance. Each Earth-responsible product is individually designed and tested to perform equal to or better than its corresponding non-green alternative.
7. Wahl Natural Pet No-Rinse Waterless Shampoo
This dry dog shampoo is comprised of natural plant-based botanicals that offer powerful cleansing properties. It’s also free of harsh chemicals, such as PEG-80, parabens, and alcohol, so it won’t irritate your dog’s sensitive skin. The lavender chamomile fragrance will eliminate all types of odors, leaving behind a refreshing scent that isn’t overpowering.
Purified Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Cleanser from Refined Coconut), Coco-Glucoside (Cleanser Derived from Coconut Oil and Sugar), Coco-Betaine (Cleanser Derived from Coconut Oil), Lauryl Glucoside (cleanser Derived from Coconut Oil and Sugar), Vegetable Glycerin (Moisturizer), Chamomile Extract (Soothing Properties), Decolorized Aloe Vera (Soothing Properties), Potassium Sorbate (Freshness Assurer), FC&C Color.”
Why you should buy
- Made in the USA – This lavender & chamomile waterless shampoo is pH balanced, alcohol-free, paraben-free, PEG-80 free and is highly recommended for gentle cleaning and freshening dogs, cats, & other animal coats
- No Rinsing Necessary – For dogs, cats, horses, or other animals that don’t like wet shampoos; no rinsing necessary, simply dry with a towel & brush coat
- Calming Formula – This plant-derived lavender & chamomile scented waterless shampoo is great for cleansing, conditioning, detangling, & moisturizing animals; our calming formula settles restless animals during cleaning.
- Allergy-Friendly – This is a safe and effective shampoo. Dog loves the smell too!
- The Brand Used by Professionals – Wahl has been serving professional vets and groomers for over 50 years. clean, condition fur & hair for a smooth, soft coat.
Users say that this shampoo has a light, pleasant fragrance.
Washing your dog will no longer seem like a daunting chore, if you use waterless dog shampoo. You get all the benefits of normal shampoo, without the mess and stress of water.
You may also like:
- Dry Wash Shampoo: How It Works And How To Use It
- Zignature Multi-Protein Dry Zssential Formula